1. Atomix Change/Update your DB to a fully indexed MySql(i) Inno-DB Database:
2. Product-Count Cache, keep the Counting, but cache the numbers. The best Modification for v.1.5.6:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 79#p593279
3. NON Cookie Domain Image-linking, speed up general Page Load:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... ae#p560525
4. NON Cookie Domain Stylesheet-linking, speed up general Page Load:
Check this Website Source Header Section, to see, how I made it.
Check above Website Source Header Section, to see, how I made it.
6. Add width/height - ALT/TITLE Declaration to your Shop Images:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... o%20images
7. Remove all unused LANGUAGE / COUNTRY / STATE -related Lines out of your DB:
exept for the One's, you really use. You so clean out your DB from possibly 4'000 + never ever
used surplus Lines of Content. Also remove ALL un-used Language Directories, and their content,
(EXEPT FOR THE DEFAULT ENGLISH) , possibly installed by some Multi-Language Extensions.
Just keep YOURS, if you have non-english Languages installed, and in use.
8. Frequently remove all of your cached Images and Files on your Server:
they may exist huge Numbers, and some in Sizes, once tested or used, but then
changed into other sizes, and so, just good for nothing, and in the way of others.
Two very fine Tools for such, both Extensions work with OC v. 1.5.6 - 188.8.131.52_rc
All in one free Cache Cleaner Extension VqMod: just found and tested, it worked well,
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=23294
Selectable free Cache Cleaner Version: also very reliable, I use this one by default
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=23783
9. Use a well done .htaccess file, like this one:
Just make sure first, to rewrite the path to your shop, to match your site/oc_shop/ - directory!
Code: Select all
RewriteEngine On RewriteBase /oc_shop/
Each and every one add's to a very slight delay in Operation, as long as it exists, in it's Server Location.